Syncicap: Operations Manager / Trade Support
SYNCICAP Asset Management is the Hong Kong joint-venture of OFI Asset Management and Degroof Petercam AM (DPAM). Both parent companies are well-established ESG-focused European Asset Managers with a combined AUM of 150b US$.
SYNCICAP Asset Management is looking for an Operations Manager / Trade Support. He or she will be responsible for the smooth running of operations related to fund management activities. He or she will work with the Chief Operating Officer and with a team of 4 fund managers supported by 6 analysts, all based in Hong Kong, investing in emerging market assets (currently 400mUS$).
Information on how to apply below, as well as the official JD in PDF.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
He or she will work with the Chief Operating Officer and a team of 4 fund managers supported by 6 analysts, all based in Hong Kong, investing in both emerging markets equities and fixed income assets:
- Equities: both Chinese A-shares and H-shares, other emerging market equities.
- Fixed income: emerging markets sovereign bonds, emerging markets green and impact bonds, and eventually emerging markets credits (including Asia ex-japan, Eastern Europe and Latin America).
In this role, he or she will be in charge of:
- Middle Office / Trade Support
- Confirming trades with brokers or counterparties (equities, bonds, foreign exchange, listed derivatives, etc.).
- Position-monitoring in the portfolio management systems.
- Reconciliating securities and cash positions with custodians.
- Follow-up on outstanding securities and cash positions.
- Following specific processes related to the Asian markets.
- Contributing to the development of internal tools and processes.
- Updating operational procedures.
- Stock Connect and Bond Connect knowledge is a plus.
- Regular update/communication with Middle Office teams based at the Paris head office.
- Assisting the Chief Operating Officer of the Hong Kong joint-venture in the day-to-day running of the company.
- Knowledge of financial markets/instruments/regulations.
- Excellent communication skills and strong team working spirit.
- Flexibility and adaptability to a dynamic environment.
- Microsoft Office suite (and specifically Excel) proficiency.
- Fluency in English and French, Chinese is a plus.
Experience and Education:
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Previous experience in operations within asset management companies.
Place of work: Hong Kong, Central
Start of duty: as soon as possible
Reporting to: Chief Operating Officer
About SYNCICAP Asset Management
SYNCICAP Asset Management is a Hong Kong based joint venture that brings together two industry leaders in responsible and sustainable investing with deep expertise from across the European continent; Degroof Petercam Asset Management (DPAM) and OFI Asset Management (OFI AM).
About OFI Asset Management
OFI AM has been committed to responsible finance for 25 years; it is a reference in asset management and among France’s leading SRI asset managers. OFI AM was founded in 1971 and manages USD83 billion as of December 2021 of listed and unlisted assets on behalf of institutional and private wealth clients in France and internationally. Its main shareholders are major French insurance companies, for whom OFI AM developed a strong expertise in insurance linked strategies and tailormade discretionary portfolio management.
DPAM is a leading independent asset manager that has been committed to offering active, sustainable and research-based investment solutions for over two decades. DPAM is part of the Belgian Bank Degroof Petercam (founded in 1871) and operates internationally with offices in Amsterdam, Frankfurt, Geneva, Luxembourg, Madrid, Milan and Paris, where it has close proximity to its partners. As of December 2021 DPAM has USD 58 billion of assets under management on behalf of institutional clients and distributors.
More information and ways to apply by clicking here. Please click the button below to download the official JD in PDF.