What is the BLCCHK?
The Belgium-Luxembourg Chamber of Commerce (BLCC) in Hong Kong was officially launched on 11 December 1998, succeeding the Belgian Business Association which was founded in 1992.
The BLCC is a non-profit organization of business people with an active interest in developing trade between Belgium – Luxembourg and Hong Kong & the region. The Chamber is governed by an Executive Committee elected by Members at the Annual General Meeting.
The BLCC participates in the International Business Committee (chaired by the Chief Secretary of HKSAR). This unique Committee allows international business associations & Chambers to discuss & lobby ‘face to face’ with the Hong Kong Government and officials. IBC meetings take place 5 – 6 times per year, topics discussed are related to matters affecting international aspects & perceptions of the business environment in Hong Kong.
The BLCC is also a member of the European Chamber of Commerce in Hong Kong consisting of around a dozen national European Chambers in Hong Kong and InterCham, the informal association of 27 international Chambers of Commerce in Hong Kong. Through all of these groups, we represent the interests of our members among the international business communities.
To promote a well-connected, prosperous and engaged Belgian & Luxembourgish business community in Hong Kong.
As an independent, member-driven association, the Belgium-Luxembourg Chamber of Commerce in Hong Kong provides a platform for companies and individuals to connect and grow their business, and achieve their professional goals.
Goals related to providing services to members
- To provide members & prospective members with support & connections in setting up or expanding their operations in Hong Kong.
Goals related to representing & promoting (prospective) members
- To promote & support the established commercial activities of our members.
- To represent members’ views, issues, concerns & ideas to the HKgov and other appropriate parties.
- To promote & expand the business and general awareness of Belgium & Luxembourg.
Goals related to events
- To organize & hold lectures, meetings, seminars and conferences so as to keep our members abreast of current business developments in Hong Kong, for exchanges of experience, ideas and views & for the identification of new trade & investment opportunities.
- To organize these events also to provide our members with opportunities for networking within the Belgium-Luxembourg Business Community as well as with other relevant bodies and Business Communities in Hong Kong.
Goals related to cooperation with relevant parties
- To associate and co-operate with other Chambers of Commerce, Government bodies, relevant trade organizations & associations in Belgium, Luxembourg, Hong Kong, the PRC & other countries.
Other goals of interest
- To create a supportive and stimulating business environment.
- To inform members about business, governmental and economic developments.
- To encourage involvement and contribution (self-propagating, self-fueled) by members to further the goals of the Chamber.
Designed in June 1996 by a Belgian Architect, Axel Cordemans, a former Member of the Chamber, the logo represents the 1,377 meters long Tsing Ma Bridge, one of Hong Kong’s landmark engineering wonders greeting every air passenger arriving in the Territory. It has been chosen to symbolize BLCC commitment to bridge Belgian, Luxembourg and Hong Kong businesses in a modern and efficient way.