- January 19, 2017
12:00 pm - 2:00 pm
About FIT & AWEX:
Flanders Investment & Trade (FIT)
As the Flanders Investment & Trade agency, we promote sustainable international business, in the interest of both Flanders-based companies and overseas enterprises.
Whatever sector you are involved in, we will help you establish contact with the Flemish companies you are looking for. This includes not only products or services you may be sourcing, but also various types of business relationships, from joint ventures to technology transfers.
At another level Flanders Investment & Trade enhances Flanders’ position as the gateway to Europe for inward investors. The agency identifies, informs, advises and supports overseas enterprises by establishing production and research facilities, contact centers, headquarters, logistics operations and the like in Flanders, the northern region of Belgium.
Wallonia Foreign Trade and Investment Agency (AWEX)
The Wallonia Export-Investment Agency (AWEX) is the Wallonia Region of Belgium’s government agency in charge of Foreign Trade promotion and Foreign Investment attraction.
As a foreign trade agency, AWEX carries out a mission of promotion and information for the benefit of both Wallonia and the foreign business community.
Upon request, AWEX assists buyers, decision-makers, importers and foreign prospects by:
– Providing economic data on Wallonia and its export potential
– Disseminating information on products and services from companies located in Wallonia
– Identifying companies in Wallonia for international partnerships
– Distributing lists of exporters from Wallonia
As an export partner for Wallonia-based companies, Awex offers a wide range of export-oriented services and activities:
– General and commercial information on foreign markets
– Market studies tailored to specific areas upon request
– Organization and planning of marketing activities (international trade shows, economic missions, sector-based contact days…)
– Establishing contacts with international organizations
– Promoting Wallonia’s export potential abroad
– Financial support and export financing
– Training in international careers
As a foreign investment agency, AWEX – via its Office for Foreign Investors (OFI) – has an overall responsibility for the attraction of foreign investment in Wallonia. This includes seeking out and providing information to potential foreign investors. The Agency also offers a pro-active follow-up service to investors already established in Wallonia. In addition, it is in charge of identifying new foreign investors for the acquisition of industrial sites under restructuring process.
The agency has a worldwide network of 108 Economic and Trade Attachés and 10 Foreign Investment Officers. It is ISO 9001 certified.