Thanks to our Corporate Member & Silver Sponsor KBC Bank, we are able to share the insightful KBC Economic Perspectives – Asia Edition with you.
Here some highlights from the most recent edition:
- The war between Russian and Ukraine is still having an impact on the world economy (food, gas, fuel, etc.), which is causing a huge prize inflation.
- Due to the high commodity price, there is of course an inflation in the supply chain.
- In Asia, more particularly, inflation is also being pushed up by higher fuel and food prices, threatening stagflationary dynamics in the region.
- Inflationary pressures along with tight labor markets have increased the pressure on advanced economy central banks to step up the pace of monetary policy normalisation.
- They have done very interesting case studies in regards to the global economy and an Asia Focus (China, Hong Kong, India and Singapore).
Clearly this is a very abbreviated overview. If you wish to read more, please find the article below.
Thanks to KBC Bank for sharing!