This morning 14 April the HKgov CE announced details of the upcoming relaxation of health measures, kicking in next week 21 April. Here is a selection of measures that we think are most impactful on our daily lives:
- Restaurants can operate dine-in services until 10pm with four people per table.
- Gyms, beauty massage parlours, cinemas, game centres, theme parks and places of worship to reopen. Groups of only four people can be formed though. Visiting a cinema and craving popcorn? Then you must present proof of having had 3 jabs.
- Public sports venues, libraries, museums and children’s playgrounds will reopen.
- Public libraries, museums & performance venues will operate at 50 per cent capacity.
- A ban on gatherings of more than two households in private places will be lifted, meaning we can receive more people at our homes again.
- Did you suffer a virus infection and do you have proof of your infection/recovery? Then it will count as one vaccine dose.
The following will unfortunately not change:
- Bars will remain closed
- Public beaches, pools and barbeque sites will remain closed.
- Stand-up style networking still not possible, which certainly dampens our BLCC efforts in organizing engaging events!
At the moment we have not been given a next date to look forward to in welcoming more relaxation of measures after the 21st. Naturally we will keep you posted when we hear more.